|Rental without Skipper||Low season||Mid season||High season|
|Low season: 15 Oct to 30 Apr / Mid season : 1 May to 30 Jun | 16 Sep to 14 Oct / High season : 1 Jul to 15 Sep|
Rental of extra equipment
IRIDIUM 9555 Satellite Phone
- Day: €25.00 | Week: €150.00
- Deposit: €250.00 (refundable upon return of the equipment under the same conditions of delivery);
- Communications not included: prepaid cards available if requested at least 15 days in advance.
GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition Camera
- Day: €5.00 | Week: €35.00
- Deposit: €150.00 (refundable upon return of the equipment under the same conditions of delivery);
- Memory card not included.
64GB microSDHC Memory Card
- Day: €2.00 | Week: €10.00
Enjoy the wonders of the islands of Santa Maria and São Miguel captaining a modern sailboat!
Get to know the first island of the Azores to be discovered and the largest island of the archipelago, sailing smoothly between the two islands.
- DAY 1
- Sail along the coast of the island of Santa Maria, as did Cristóvão Colombo on the return leg of his first voyage to America in 1493, and explore the enchanting coves and bays with white sand. End the day at one of the restaurants or pubs of the oldest town of the Azores.
- DAY 2
- Sail to the island of São Miguel and head to the Ponta Delgada Marina.
- DAY 3
- Set this day aside to get to know the lush landscape of Sete Cidades and the town centre of Ponta Delgada.
- DAY 4
- Sail along the south coast of São Miguel and overnight at the Vila Franca do Campo Marina.
- DAY 5
- Take advantage of this day to relax and visit the Fogo and Furnas Lakes.
- DAY 6
- Sail to the island of Santa Maria passing through the nature reserve of the Formigas Islets and the Dollabarat Reef.
1 OR 2 WEEKS
Get to know five of the nine islands of the Azores and sail over 250 nautical miles in the seas of the Azores.
A journey of great adventure and activity, sailing along several miles whilst exploring the Atlantic Ocean, including at least one day of night navigation.
- DAY 1
- Sail between the islands of Santa Maria and São Miguel and head to the Ponta Delgada Marina.
- DAY 2
- Visit the island of São Miguel and rest for the following day’s journey.
- DAY 3
- Sail the 140 nautical miles that separate the Ponta Delgada Marina and the final destination, the Angra do Heroísmo Marina on the island of Terceira.
- DAY 4
- A day to relax and to visit the town of Angra do Heroismo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- DAY 5
- Sail in the morning to the port of Lajes on the island of Pico.
- DAY 6
- Sail along the south coast of the island of Pico bound for the charismatic Horta Marina on the island of Faial.
As a suggestion, to ensure a more comprehensive programme, book two weeks of holidays for your trip to the Azores.
- Terms and conditions
- 5% for rentals lasting 2 or more weeks;
- 5% for bookings paid 4 or more months in advance.
- 40% of the rental amount when the booking is confirmed (Booking Guarantee);
60% of the rental amount up to 30 days before the date of departure;
- 100% of the rental amount for bookings made within 30 days of the date of departure.
- Amount of the Booking Guarantee: up to 30 days before the date of departure;
- 75% of the invoice amount: up to 15 days before the date of departure;
- 100% of the invoice amount: within the 15 days before the date of departure.
The skipper must meet the following requirements:
- Pilot licence with the level of skipper and submit the ICC – International Certificate of Competence;
- Radiotelephone operator licence – class A in VHF band;
- Experience in captaining sailboats in ocean conditions;
- Experience in captaining sailboats of similar size.
The boat is delivered with a full tank and must be returned in the same condition. Refuelling will be billed at €2.00 per litre missing.
Mandatory payment of €120.00.
We accept bank transfers, cash or Paypal.
CREW / SKIPPER
- Week | €700.00
- Day | €120.00
Add the cost of accommodation and food for the skipper when applicable.
Provisioning can be arranged by completing an order form.
TRANSFER BY BOAT TO THE PORT OF ORIGIN
- Island of São Miguel: €300.00
- Central Group: €400.00
- Western Group: €600.00
CHECK IN | CHECK OUT AT THE VILA DO PORTO MARINA
- Week-long and 4-day options: Check in 6 PM | Check out 10 AM;
- Weekend option: Check in Saturday 9 AM and check out Sunday 6 PM
Golden Sail Azores Yacht Charter has taken out appropriate insurance for sea tourist activities, ensuring the required coverage in terms of civil liability and personal injury of passengers with the following amounts:
- Capital Insured for Civil Liability of Sea Tourism Operator, as defined by Decree-Law 21/2002 and Decree-Law 269/2003 – Article 26 – Annex III: €100,000.00;
- Capital Insured for Occupants, as defined by Decree-Law 108/2009, Death or Permanent Disability: €23,300.00; Cost of Treatment: €4,020.00.
It is advisable that customers take out their own insurance if they want to cover other options.